Pre matric & Post Matric Education Scholarship
The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the results of Senior Secondary Examination. 150000 fresh scholarships per annum [75000 for boys and 75000 for girls] are awarded for pursuing graduate / postgraduate studies in colleges and universities and for professional courses, such as Medical, Engineering etc.
ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS: -
The total number of scholarships are divided amongst the State Education Boards based on the State‟s population in the age group of 14-18 years, after segregating share of CBSE., State +2 Govt School., and ICSE on the basis of number of students passing out from various Boards in the country. 50 % of the scholarship is earmarked for girls. The number of scholarships allotted to a State Education Board is distributed amongst pass outs of the Science, Commerce and Humanities streams in the ratio of 3:2:1. In case of shortfall in the number of applications, the scholarship slots could be inter-changed.
Students who are above 40th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from the respective Board of Examination in Class X of 10 pattern or equivalent and pursuing regular courses (not correspondence or distance mode) in State Board, CBSE recognized not availing benefit of any other scholarship scheme including State run scholarship schemes/Fee waiver and reimbursement scheme are eligible under the scheme. Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible under the scheme.
Students belonging to reserved categories/weaker sections /minorities are eligible on the basis of merit, subject to Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking. Reservations for the various categories are as follows: General Caste (GENs) Scheduled Castes (SCs) 15 % , Scheduled Tribes ( STs) 7.5 %, Other Backward Classes(OBCs) 27 % , Economically Weaker Section (EWSs) 10 % and horizontally 5 % for Physically Handicapped / Persons(s) with Disabilities (PwDs) in all the categories.
6. ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE SCHEME AND SELECTION PROCEDURE:-
1) National Scholarship Portal (NESP) rsetedu.com will be opened for online application in the month of July – August every year.
2) Class X pass out students of the current Academic Year, who are above 40th percentile of the respective State Education Boards (SEBs) are eligible under the scheme and can apply on National Scholarship Portal (rsetedu.com), before the cut-off date. Physical application would not be accepted.
3) The online applications would be verified at two levels:
(i) By the Institute where the student is studying.
(ii) By the respective State Education Board.
4) Applicant is required to submit requisite documents, such as [Class 10th mark sheet, Income Certificate] to the Institute.
5) Application which is not verified either by the institute or by the concerned State Education Board or by both will be treated as „Invalid‟.
6) Merit list as per the State allocated quota would be generated from the verified applications.